Notice

The forum is in read only mode, no posting is allowed. For support requests please login and use the Support -> Submit ticket menu.

Customizable invoice

• Anne Buchanan
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Anne Buchanan created the topic: Customizable invoice

Hi, I have the latest Hera template, and it's the best I've had so far. It's installed on Joomla 3.7.5 and Virtuemart 3.2.4. Love the layout of order confirmation, but would really, really love an easy way to edit the layout of invoices (beyond what is possible in Virtuemart..)

www.sensationaltea.com

Thx,

Anne
  • Thank you received: 384

Spyros Petrakis replied the topic: Customizable invoice

Hi Anne,
there are some extensions available from other developers for customizing the invoices, a quick search for "virtuemart invoices" on Google will provide you links to these extensions. Personally i have not used or tested any of these and so i can not suggest a specific one.

Another not easy way is to create overrides and customize the pdf view files located in components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl folder.
  • Anne Buchanan
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Anne Buchanan replied the topic: Customizable invoice

Shame, was hoping for a better suggestion than having a look on Google. Many, if not all, the extensions out there are for older versions. I tried one, which was expensive and it didn't work, the support was difficult to follow and on the other side of the world. I uninstalled it in the end.

Fiddling with the template files may be easy for you, but for most of it's a question of trial and error, and seeing what works, which is a long way from being easy and pretty time consuming.

Thanks anyway.
  • Thank you received: 384

Spyros Petrakis replied the topic: Customizable invoice

Hi Anne,
i am sorry that i can not help you more and suggest a specific extension for your request but i have not used any so far. Unfortunately adding customization options in my templates for the invoices is not possible and this is the reason why i suggested that you could create overrides to achieve your desired layout. Of course this not an easy task and requires basic HTML and PHP skills.

Regards
Spyros

Web Hosting

Business Info

• Petrakis K. Spyridon
  • VAT Num. : EL052816594
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Address: 8 Glaukou str.
  • 201 32, Corinth, Greece

Get notified

about new templates, updates and freebies!