When you install VirtueMart on a multi language Joomla! website or a website that is using other language than English you have to install a VirtueMart language pack.
This is required so you can view the back-end and the front-end user interface of your shop in your native language.
The first step is to download the language pack from the official VirtueMart website:
- Go to https://virtuemart.net/community/translations/virtuemart and click on your language name, this will redirect you to your language pack page.
- On your language page scroll to the bottom and click the "Download" button to get the language pack.
Now you have to install the language pack on your Joomla! website. This is done as any other Joomla! extension:
- Login to your website administration page, e.g. www.mydomain.com/administrator
- Go to Extensions -> Manage -> Install page.
- In the "Upload Package File" tab click "Browse", find and select the language pack you downloaded.
- Click the Upload & Install" button.
You are done!